(iWIDK By Jared Raymond) – An eating contest took an even more disgusting turn.
Edwin Archbold, a 32-year-old Florida man, choked to death on cockroaches he had just eaten to win an interesting contest.
Archbold had just won the event at Ben Siegel Reptile Store when the insects became lodged in his throat, and he collapsed outside the pet shop before being pronounced dead at the hospital later.
According to WPTV, Archbold was considered by the store owner to be the “life of the party”, which included eating worms as well as the cockroaches.
For his efforts, the man won a ball python valued at over $800.