(iWIDK by Danny Fisher) – More than 100 people in the WIDKsphere so far expressed support for a new political movement. Neither Democrat nor Republican. Both liberal and conservative.
The Progressive Conservative Movement advocates the following principles:
1. Fiscal conservatism: Advancing/restoring free market principles, with reduced regulations that stifle commerce and job creation. Tax rates and policies for businesses that are globally competitive. Reduce the national debt and balance the budget. Reform all entitlement programs to make them sustainable and affordable.
2. Social liberalism: pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro stem-cell research.
3. Drug policy: Decriminalize marijuana.
4. Immigration: Secure our borders to stop further illegal immigration. At the same time, grant amnesty and create a path to citizenship for those already here.
5. Foreign policy: American exceptionalism and values. Maintain strongest military in the world. Support our allies and friends. Caution our enemies. No nuclear Iran.
6. Energy: Promote energy independence by increasing production of traditional sources and granting more permits for oil, gas and coal. Develop renewable energy by encouraging innovation from the private sector.
7. Federalism: Strong central government – but with limitations. More authority to the states, as our founders had envisioned. Observe and respect the constitution.
Please share your thoughts.
Danny Fisher is the CEO of film distribution company Fisher Klingenstein Films and CEO/Editor /Founder of website iWIDK (I Wish I Didn’t Know). He was also the founder and CEO of former film studio City Lights Media.